Sunday, December 26, 2010

Thank you for visiting my Blog.

India is still mons away at this point. Our estimated arrival date is around the first week of April. I created this blog as a way to stay in contact with people at home in order to share about my life in India. There is still much to discover about what I will actually be doing there and much of that will come when I get there as that can change (several times) while I am there. For the most part it will be about developing relationships with Indian people and learning the culture and language. The beginning months will be heavily focused on language training. It will take a good while to really master a conversational level of language! I may be going to a language school or assigned a language partner, whichever will again be decided once I arrive in India.
On January 25th I will go to Virginia in order to do a general orientation/ training over two mons. We will be living in dorms on campus with the other people who will be traveling to various parts of the world. The purpose is to develope a community among all of us who are traveling overseas and to prepare us for living for two years in a foreign country. I will be able to come back home for two weeks after this training around March 29th until the date that is set for me individually to go to India. All the individuals going to South Asia (India, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Maldives) will meet together for our first two weeks overseas for more specific orientation to South Asian people and culture.
So this is sort of a general timeline of the next several months. This blog won't really be updated during the months before India and until I have established internet in India (may take a couple weeks) the updates may not be regular. Thank you for your interest in me going to India. I truly feel blessed and so grateful for this amazing opportunity! I know that there is much to learn and experience and I hope to keep you in the loop.

Namaste,

Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.